Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Bartertown Lot + Lots of Work

So what with the coming tax refund and the good deal I found on Bartertown, I acquired a few "new" models. Here's what I got:

Mortenebra + Deryliss
Bloodgorgers (6)
Soulhunters (5)
Bloat Thrall
Bane Thralls (8)

So, while he had decent technical paintjobs on the bane thralls and the bloat thrall, I hated the colors. Hence my stripping the paint and taking the models back to their parts.

My focus for the moment is going to be getting the bloodgorgers + Gerlak to a painted state, as well as getting Terminus to a point ready to paint, by the end of next week...we'll see if I can do that. I had a real bear getting Termy back to his pieces because of excessive glue use (that now requires me to go buy nail polish remover to get clean pieces). I read about people using Machine Wraith heads, and that sounded like a good start, but I didn't want to wait for the bitz order or to go buy a model just for the head. So here's what I've sculpted so far on Termy's head, although I might remove the top half of the GS and file down the top of the head to let me make the "Machine Wraith Visor" fit better.

I also bought some Gesso due to the hype on the PP forums about it recently. Without thinning with Future Floor Finish, ok, but not that great. With thinning, much better. Easy to work with, no real detail loss either. Plus using white lets me pick what color to prime in. Very nice.

To help fix Gerlak's vertical challenge as well as to differentiate him from the rest of the bloodgorgers, I also boosted him up on his base.

The side profile helps him not look like he's gonna fall over backwards either, so I like how it's going so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment