Thursday, March 18, 2010

Soulhunters WIP

So this is just a brief painting update. I've assembled the max unit of Soulhunters that I got off of Bartertown and started painting them. While I don't like the models a whole lot, I think I can get a better color choice than the studio scheme. Anyways, I also tried my hand at sculpting a log that the leader is jumping over to make sense of both back legs being up.


And here is with my paint starting on them. I mostlyhave metals and red flesh to block in, as well as touchup horse skin and thrall skin/bone.


2 comments:

  1. Grey primer huh? how does that work for you? is it the best of both worlds for lights/darks? Certainly looks to be giving you good results there mate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard ppl recommending gray primers on the PP forums and thought I'd give it a try. It's actually white gesso that I put some black ink into. I only recently started using it, but it's turned out pretty well. I used it on my Terminus conversion as well. Not as much work to highlight it up to lighter colors, but metals still look good over it. Overall, I'd say it's a nice in-between.

    ReplyDelete