Sunday, March 14, 2010

Flying Dragonman of Dooooom

So I finally finished my Terminus conversion. I say finally only because he's taken longer than anything I've done in the past 2-3 months, although he still only took me 8 days or so to finish. Regardless, less than 2 weeks from start to finish, so I can't complain too much.

So now that you've seen it, I'm gonna do my likes and dislikes so far about my conversion/painting.
Pose: The new pose is much more dynamic, and not so sucky.
Head: While not the best sculpting around, it feels better on the model to me than the original bug-eyes that the sculpt has.
Robe: I think that I did a pretty good job painting the robe on this model. I tried to put in much darker shadows than I normally do. I might be biased, but I think it looks purdy good.
Wings: Again, I think they look purdy good. I primed with gesso (grayish color), then reprimed after some more conversions, this time with a pink hued gesso (hence why I bought white gesso). The only reason I'm not upset at the wings is they were really easy to do thanks to the GW washes. (Baal Red followed by Devlan Mud).

Joins/Arms: My conversion caused a little bit of a hassle in the shoulder area between the head/headdress, shoulder sockets, and wings. ugh, at least I have lots of GS still.
Painting: in general, this was a really sloppy paint job, way too quick, not enough attention to detail.

Overall, I'm happy with how it came out. Many thanks to those of you on the PP Forums with the suggestions on how to fix his pose.
Roh well, at least it's done. C&C welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment