Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Hot off the table and cold under the knife

Well, let's start with the painting that's kept me from my Terminus conversion. I give to you, Gerlak and his Bloodgorgers!


I'm not entirely happy with how they turned out individually, but as a unit, I can't complain. I spent way too much time working on them last week. That turned into me just rushing through to finish them in the past two days so that they'd be done in less than a week. I find things like mold lines on some, and shoddy brush work on others, but overall... I can't complain too much.

Now, back to my Terminus conversion. I've already posted my sculpting of the new head for Termy, but there are other problems with the model. ie the pose of the sword hand and the squat. I sawed off the sword from his hand, so I'll have some sculpting to do there. As of now, at least the sword is back in one piece.


So I need to reattach it to his arm, as well as sculpt on the grip of the weapon and the hand to hold it. The reattaching it to his arm will probably be the hard part considering how much pewter I lopped off of the grip.

On to the body/stance. I still need to figure out some way to position the left leg so it doesn't look so awkward. The foot in the air (pictured below) just doesn't seem quite right, but neither does having it on the edge of the base there.


Last but not least, a look at why I need to be more careful when drilling pins. You can end up with something totally off-balance.



I'll be working to try and correct most of the stance issues over the course of the week, but any suggestions would be welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment