Wednesday, March 10, 2010

On my own two feet again

So after some thinking, and asking for ideas from the Privateer Press forum community (big thanks to D. Vader, although I doubt he reads this blog), I figured out how to fix my last big hurdle, which was the pose. So here's what I've gotten done on that front. Leaning the upper body forward allowed me to "easily" pull the left leg back, creating a more dynamic pose.

Hopefully, once I pin his wings on, it'll look like he's bounding/charging forward.

Thankfully, now that I've finished all my sculpting, the pinning of the wings will be the last thing that I'll need to deal with before I start priming and painting.

Speaking of sculpting, I've finished the sword grip and attached hand.

While I'm not entirely happy with how the fingers turned out, at least it's all recognizable and done.

I'm still debating about whether or not to take my dremel to the wings to try to tatter them up more, but I at this point, I think I'm just going to leave them as is. You'll find out in the next few days, whatever I decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment