Friday, February 19, 2010

Bastardly Goal Accomplished!

So it's been 8 days since I finished my Bane Thralls, almost at 2 weeks since I started this goal... but! I have a fully painted 35 point list (with some proxies, but at least the proxies are painted, right?) So once again here is the list:

Army: pBastard 35 pts
Points: 35
Goreshade the Bastard (*6pts)
* Deathjack (12pts)
* Seether (9pts)
Bane Thralls (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
Mechanithralls (Leader and 5 Grunts) (3pts)
The Withershadow Combine (5pts)
Bane Lord Tartarus (4pts)

So let's start with the star of the show, Goreshade and his little lady.



I'm not incredibly happy about either of their faces, but I know I need lots of work at faces. I'm just happy I can get my jacks to start looking good.

Since I'm talking about those jacks, here's my most recent one.



I was trying to go for a more corroded bronze/brass on this jack than on my Levi based on some stuff I saw on the PPforums, but I think I like how his came out better. Regardless, I like how this turned out for the most part.

So putting all those painted things together to get my battlegroup, you get something like this.




Next up, my Cryxian toolbox that I hate to leave at home, the Withershadow Combine.



I am fairly happy with how they turned out...granted, they were "painted" for at least 2 months, but not finished. Then I painted my Bane Thralls and really loved the red robes, so that carried over to here as well.

And to wrap it all up, here's a whole army shot!



Quite exciting to have this many painted models, personally. Looking back at this mad rush of painting, I painted 6 Bane Thralls, a Seether, and Goreshade basically from scratch, and did touchups on the Withershadow Combine and Deathwalker. Definitely time to slow down so as not to burn myself out. I have several models that I also started in this period as well. Keep your eyes open for 2 Machine Wraiths, 2 Stalkers, 4 Scrap Thralls, and a Necrotech sometime in the relatively near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment