Friday, October 15, 2010

Cephalyx!

So I know people don't play Cephalyx Drudges as Cryx (at least for the most part), but I got a unit of them at SoCal Smackdown thanks to Iron Arena tickets. Anyways, since I had to paint some living skin (Darragh Wrathe), and it's not something I usually do, I opted to test it out on a Drudge Slave. So here you go:





Two things
1) these guys are great models with a lot of character
2) painter's touch double coverage primer from Home Depot is fantastic, and it only costs 4 bucks. I highly recommend it.

Anyways, it's a pretty simple method for the skin. Lay down a good basecoat of bleached bone (took me 3 layers to get it looking good). Once that's dry, wash it with GW's Ogryn Flesh wash. Highlight it back up with very thin layers of bleached bone. Repeat the wash and highlight stage until you get your desired level of contrast. I only did it twice here.

Hope you enjoy my newest flesh tones. Pretty easy stuff :p

2 comments:

  1. I did mine even simpler, and they ended up looking really good - I actually based them with PP Thrall Flesh and then just washed them with PP Flesh Wash. Provided a lot of contrast and looks more living then the Thrall Flesh would lead you to believe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice! I'll have to check them out sometime. I think that if we get a more sizable group of peeps gaming, we may try and head over to Brookhurst some weekend or something. I'll give you a head's up when/if that happens. Oh yah, 50 pt team tourney going on at Adventurer's Guild in Riverside on Nov. 13th. Yay advertising :p

    ReplyDelete