Monday, July 6, 2009

McThralls Set 1

So I managed to crank out all of the rest of my Mcthralls after finishing that test model last week. Thanks to the test model, I found that I needed to do a black ink wash on the metals first, because they just didn't look right with the dip being the only shading it had. Regardless, I'm loving how fast and relatively easy it was to crank out 10 Mcthralls. Surprisingly, I don't think I spent more than 2 hours per model if you count the time stripping the paint, filing, and repainting/dipping them. Granted, there are still things that need to be done (ie the base)...but basing is one of my least favorite things. Roh wellz, I'll try and drybrush the base up and then paint the outer ring all black like, but that shouldn't add more than 20 minutes per model. Definitely my fastest painting yet :). Without further ado... the start of the zombie horde.

Apologies for the poor lighting, but I was in a hurry.

Next up, Necrosurgeon and Stitch Thralls. (then maybe finishing all those bane knights)



  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

  2. They look good, but I think you should give them some matt varnish.

  3. I actually did give them some matte varnish, but the last pic is the only one that has it. The other two were from before I put that on. I might need to buy a different matte varnish tho, if I can find Testors Dullcoat anywhere around here.