Friday, June 4, 2010

Rebuilt Deathjack: Part 2

So I've gotten more work done. Lots more in fact. I've also figured out what I'm going to do with the skulls of hate. No sculpting needed, I'm just going to attach the old skulls of hate (minus the spikes that I dremeled off ages ago) to the front of the shoulders, hanging down to stare at his enemies.



I also finished off the smokestacks in a way that I like. While the model is really busy with spikes and such, I really like how it's turning out to feel very Cryxian.



Here are a couple more angles for you to take a gander at.





For all the escaping soul pieces that I bought, I'm going to have 2 of them come out of the side vents, and then 2 come out of the empty holes right below it, so that it looks like the Deathjack is running on full steam...errr necrotite...errrr souls.

So that's the majority of the model right there. All that's left is the arms and the claws. I'll be brass rodding the arms to be stronger, plus I'm going to try and sculpt the necrotite vent on the inside of the claws like is shown in the artwork.

I probably won't be getting any more work done on the model till next week, but I think I've made a good start. Good enough that the Deathjack will be fully assembled for the Steamroller at my LGS next Saturday.

C&C always welcome

3 comments:

  1. It's looking really good mate. Im not 100% sold on the skulls hanging of the shoulders - is it possible to bend and wrap them around the shoulder pads? apart for that im loving it. - keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are you thinking of bending them around? I'm going to try and fit them in as close as possible to the shoulder, but I just don't see any other good place to put those skulls or room to sculp any skulls... at least, not that would look any good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking that bending them over the shape of the shoulder. In all fairness it probably looks better without them - if you really want skulls sculpting smaller ones might be a better idea.

    ReplyDelete