Tuesday, June 1, 2010

New things on the horizon

So a few things happened today. First of all, I got my 2nd game in with Mortenebra. 2nd of all, I managed to pull out a win with her, versus the Retribution player who I was 0-1-1 with (unless he counts me having to leave as a loss, but I don't)... until tonight.

He was playing Kaelyssa with a Hydra and a Pheonix in his battlegroup, supported by Nayl, Narn, Eiryss, 2 Mage Hunter Assassins, Full Mage Hunter Strike Force w/UA and a full unit of Dawnguard Invictors + UA.

I had the same list that I played against Micah when he was using the Testament. Namely, Morty + Deryliss, Deathjack, Nightmare, a Harrower, a Reaper, a min unit of Bloodgorgers, Gerlak, Warwitch Siren and a Necrotech + Scrap.

We rolled for a random scenario, and ended up playing destruction. Well, the pillars were there, but they weren't damaged at all. Overall, it was quite the fun game, and I actually got to repair my jacks!!! Well, I repaired the Harrower over two turns using both the Necrotech and Morty. The Reaper got trounced after I rolled a 7 on 3 dice to drag in his Pheonix. Damn my luck. So he was able to trounce the Reaper as well as get my Harrower down to 2 boxes. Lucky for me he wasn't able to quite finish it off, because the Harrower was my saving grace for the rest of the game. He was able to kill off 7 of 12 Invictors in one round. Thank you Terminal Velocity. Anyways, the game ended up when I was able to overrun the Nightmare to within 10" of his caster with a full load of focus. 2 swings and wham! Say good night, Gracie!

So that was two pretty cool things. The last cool thing is that when I checked the mail when I got home, I found my parts order from Privateer in my mailbox. "Your order is ready to ship" my ass! I gotz it! Anyways, what I ordered was several parts to help soup up my DJ to look like the art in this guy's blog post. It is just one in a string of extreme jack conversions that I've been seeing. After perusing that art again, I figured that I could do a pretty good job at my own conversion, so that's what I've set out to do. I'm aiming to make the DJ resemble this piece of art:

So that's what I've set out to do. I've already taken apart my trusty Deathjack and tossed him into the drink. Searforge, I'm sorry, but you've been put on hold. Next time, I'll have post the pics of all the starting pieces and what I'm planning on doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment