Monday, June 20, 2011

That fits on a medium base?

Sooooo I might have caved and bought Scaverous as soon as I possibly could once I saw his rules. Telekinesis?... in Cryx?.... ewwwwwwwwww.

So yah, I nabbed him last Wednesday, and between finishing up Boomhowler's and reading all the fluff in Wrath, I got him assembled/converted ish. I'm holding off on gluing on his arms until I get them painted just because it's all so awkward. Most of the reason for the conversion that I'm working on is because 4 points have to be glued at once to get the studio pose. Plus I didn't really care for that pose, so yah.

Since I didn't want to have to sculpt new hands/a new armor plate on his scythe, I basically brass rodded the scythe, and drilled out the hand that was in the middle of the pole. That hand just got glued onto the arm. The other hand on the end I left where it was so that I wouldn't have to sculpt anything. To make that work though, I had to chop apart the forearm and flip that over. Put in some brass rods to be the new pistons, and there ya go. I gotta clean that part up some more tonight, but then I'll take some pics of it.

I also decided to not do my all metal paint scheme, but instead do something new. I blame all the Merc painting getting me to try new stuff. Anyways, here's the progress so far.








The only thing I'm not sure on is the red cloth that I normally do. It just feels like it clashes with the purple/brass dealio I have going on. Anyways, I may change that later.

I'll post up my thoughts on how he plays after I get a test run with him on Tuesday night.

2 comments:

  1. Looks good so far. If you highlight the red cloth right, you can pull it off with your color scheme I think. If all else fails you can do a dirty brown or a dark green color.

    I'm interested to see what you think about the model in game. He looks good to me, but I don't play much Cryx. The local Cryx players are kind of "Meh" about the stuff in Wrath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have any suggestions to bring that red more in line with the rest of the model?

    Also, your local Cryx players are silly :p. Wrath has a lot of good stuff for Cryx, although some of it is a little niche, so it's not going to be useful all the time. Maybe I'll do a writeup on my thoughts for Wrath in a few days.

    ReplyDelete