Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I am the Gorax, I speak for the trees.

I'm going out on a limb here and trying something new, miniature sculpting. Like most of the world's population I'm not a fan of PP's Gorax sculpt. So my first foray into sculpting will be trying to scratch build a Gorax. Anyway, I started work on the head and here's what I have to show for myself.


I tried to think of something that would fit with my Native American circle and the only creatures I could find that would be at all Gorax like were Sasquatch and a Wendigo. Bigfoot would be pretty funny, but not exactly what I was going for. An Algonquin Wendigo is actually pretty much exactly like the Lord of the Feast. Emaciated, cannibalistic and one scary mofo. Luckily people have taken a lot of creative license with the Wendigo and turned it more into a yeti/bigfoot monster. So after some research I decided that's the direction I'd go, a Gorax loosely based on the PP monster with some of my own wendigo-like flair.

1 comment: