Tuesday, July 12, 2011

McBaaaaaaaaaiiiiiin!

So what with all the Merc fun I'd been having before Scaverous came out, I caved and bought yet another Merc caster (along with some second hand Kayazy who are going to be getting some head swaps).





I also touched up my Nomad so that it matches the scheme I've done on McBain. Mmmm.... Energizer reach attacks. I'm definitely looking forward to playing this list when I tire of Scaverous, Gorten, & Durgen (aka don't expect any McBaine bat reps too soon).



So here are some of my thoughts on it. First of all, he has a ton of little metal rivets and screws etc. I know that I should paint them all, but there are soooo many. Basically, I have to try and get better at doing all the little details. Some of the little details came out great though. I haven't actually done a good jewel/gemstone effect yet, but I think the goggles came out looking pretty good. Also, I'm fairly happy with how the glow effect has come out from all his vents and such. Finally, I'm very happy with how his skintone came out. I think I'm getting slightly better at this whole living model thing.

Overall, I'm just happy that I got something acceptable busted out in 2 nights for him. Scaverous still has a lot of detail work and clean up left to do.

Anyways, I'll be posting more thoughts and a meager attempt at a bat rep about my 2nd Scaverous game. Hopefully I get it done before my next one that I have tonight :p.

No comments:

Post a Comment