Thursday, August 12, 2010

Small Painting Update

So in my quest to have a strong pair of Steamroller lists for tournaments, I decided that Terminus would be a good second to my epic Deneghra list. For that list, I decided to get two new mercs, Orrin Midwinter and Madelyn Corbeau... well, that and I really like Orrin Midwinter's sculpt. So I started painting them last night (did some cleanup work and made the bases earlier this week), and finished both of them tonight.

So I'm very happy with the robes on both models. Orrin's robes were my test piece that took me probably 5 hours, but that allowed me to get Madelyn's done in 2. I'm also happy with the skin tone on both models (basecoat GW bleached bone, Wash with GW Ogryn Flesh, highlight as needed with bleached bone), but the faces on both are lacking. That's probably something that I will go back and correct at some other time (once I get better at actual living model faces). Also, I'd like to go back and add in more blue to Orrin, fixing his eyes and staff, as well as possibly adding a blue OSL to his left hand. Another positive note is the basing. It may not be perfect, but I just like how them. Plus it was new and fun.

Overall, I'm very happy with how these two models have turned out. As usual, more pics can be found at flickr (here).

C&C welcome.


  1. I think they look good. Nice alternate scheme for Midwinter!

  2. Thanks! It was a fun one to paint, that's for sure. I've always liked his model too, so I think that helped me in painting him.