So in case anybody didn't realize, I've done a Terminus conversion before, with this as the final product.
The work in progress pictures are on the PP forums as well as here on the blog, if I recall correctly. Anyways, at one point about a year ago, I had an accident and dropped a whole tray of my Cryx all over the tile floor. Everything got put back together, but Terminus was never the same. So when he lost a wing yet again, I decided that it was time to have another go at him. Especially since I feel so much more comfortable with my sculpting (plus how awesome RabidBunny's Terminus WIP is).
Now, the reason for all these conversions is that I really don't like the model in comparison to the art. So I'm going to use some of that art as the basis for this next conversion.
Here's a pic of Terminus from the Forces of Warmachine: Cryx book:
One of the reasons that I love this over the actual model is that it just looks so much more dynamic and active (and also happens to look less like he's about to drop a deuce). The other goal beyond making the model look closer to the art is to make it easier to work around him. When I've played Terminus in timed tournaments, I had a problem with catching other models on his wings while trying to move in close to him to take advantage of Sac Pawn.
Here are some pics of the general pose that I've got so far.
The big deviation from the art is that 1) I put the wrong leg forward (which is what I get for going off of memory), 2) gonna be casting a hellfire with his right hand, 3) no more pirate sleeves and 4) the reverse grip on the sword. It just doesn't make any sense to me why the one sword you have, you hold in the way that shortens your reach, strength, and stabbitiness. When you have two, sure, defense, whatever. Anyways, rants aside I managed to get a bit of sculpting done last night too.
I'll probably change the angle of the head (since I've already done that a half dozen times), but I'm really happy with how the armor plates have come out so far. I need to sculpt in the cloth details (which may have been smarter to do first, but whatevs), but that shouldn't be too bad I don't think. Just needs lots of tatters.
So that's where I'm at right now. Next on my plate is finishing sculpting the clothes on his lower half, then putting in chains and soul cages. After that, probably the head then the arms.