Sunday, May 15, 2011

Reaper Mini

Here's a Reaper mini I painted up for someone to use in their DnD campaign. This was my first Reaper mini and I really enjoyed painting it. I can understand why so many people paint them, they're cheap, good quality, and a lot of fun to paint. I think it's some kind of Ranger/Enchantress or something and the commissioner wanted them to have a bit of a Navajo flair.


After getting schooled at the Kingdom-Con painting competition I'm trying to improve my skills. Some things I need to work on with this mini:

1- Keep practicing NMM, this is like my 3rd or 4th time trying it and I have a long way to go.
2- The gloves are pretty flat, I think I just wanted to hurry up and finish it.
3- Keeping my lighting source straight. I think between the gems and the highlights there are like 3 different sources of light on the mini, I need to keep consistent throughout the mini.
4-Gems, I 've seen some beautiful gems painted on minis and I'd like to get my gems looking that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment