Thursday, October 22, 2009

DJ rebuild + Lightbox pics

Soooo, the other week I saw a post on the Privateer Press modelling forums that had a couple minor tweaks to the DJ that I really liked. It was done by LichLordBurns, and it basically amounted to getting rid of some of the excessive spikes. (Reference). Anyways, earlier this week, I dropped the DJ into the Simple Green and started my own rebuild. I also did my first painting in pieces after I pinned all the parts that didn't stick together after the Simple Green bath. So I painted most everything in pieces and glued them together. Micah (JollyAngus/Blaurock) found a portable lightbox on ebay for 30 bucks, so I decided that I'd shell out the dough to see what it's like. If nothing else, I could get the two lights and a tripod out of it. Turns out, it's actually very nice. The next step is practice in taking better pics with it. So without further ado, the one and only... Deathjack!


No comments:

Post a Comment